Oggi è 26/05/2018, 22:26

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
MessaggioInviato: 19/02/2018, 1:20 
Non connesso

Pep Guardiola reveals he almost joined Wigan as a player

Immagine

sb0bet Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he almost joined Wigan during his playing days, only to be deemed not good enough.

Now one of the most decorated managers in world football, Guardiola also enjoyed a fine career as a midfielder, playing over 250 times for Barcelona.

And it has been reported that, when he was a free agent in 2005, he discussed a switch to Wigan, who were Premier League new boys back then.

Guardiola will be at Wigan on Monday with City for an FA Cup fifth round tie, as his all-conquering team continue their bid to win a quadruple.

And, asked ahead of the tie if a move to Wigan as a player had indeed once been in the offing, Guardiola said: "Years ago, yes."

To much merriment, he added: "I was not good enough, that is the truth.

"I was old, really old!

"I knocked on the door, I tried to come here to play in English football, but I was not able.

"The same happened here at Manchester City, when I came here with Stuart Pearce. They were so clever! I was not good enough." sb0bet

Regarding his team for Monday, Guardiola says Claudio Bravo will be in goal rather than first-choice 'keeper Ederson.

"Claudio is going to play," said Guardiola.

"We are in the Carabao Cup final (against Arsenal next weekend) thanks to him. I cannot forget what happened - he saved two rounds of penalties.

"It all depends on the performance and the quality but, in this competition, Claudio is going to play.

"In the top clubs you need two good goalkeepers, you cannot survive with just one - (what) if he is injured or suspended and the second one doesn't have the level?

"All the big clubs who play a lot of competitions have two good goalkeepers and we have that."
sb0bet

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Huddersfield Town 0-2 Everton
MessaggioInviato: 29/04/2018, 4:05 
Non connesso

Huddersfield Town 0-2 Everton

Immagine

sbobet link Cenk Tosun and Idrissa Gueye scored in either half as Everton piled the pressure back on relegation battlers Huddersfield with a 2-0 win at The John Smith's Stadium. Turkey forward Tosun's clinical finish gave Everton a half-time lead and Senegal midfielder Gueye blasted home their second with 13 minutes left.

It was a damaging defeat for Huddersfield, whose victory over Watford in their last match had given their survival hopes a big lift. A seventh home loss of the season, though, coupled with wins for relegation rivals Crystal Palace, Southampton and West Brom, has left David Wagner's side three points above the drop zone. sbobet link

Everton have now lost only one of their last seven games, winning four, but their travelling fans made clear their displeasure at the continued presence of Sam Allardyce in their dugout. sbobet link

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora